This Baked Chestnut and Chocolate Pudding is very simply and quick to make using our frozen peeled chestnuts.
1. Simmer chestnuts in water for 20 minutes until soft, then drain.
2. In a saucepan over gentle heat, combine cocoa, sugar, milk and butter and cook, stirring for 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
3. Place chestnuts in a food processor and puree gradually adding the milk mixture to form a smooth batter. Finally add the egg and process to mix.
4. Pour into a buttered one litre dish and place in a pan of hot water. Bake in a moderate over for about 45 minutes or until pudding is firm.
5. Serve with whipped cream.