Serves 4 (makes about 20 pancakes)
1. Combine buttermilk and eggs in a food processor.
2. Add the butter and process a further 30 seconds.
3. Add the dry ingredients and process to a smooth batter.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 10-15 minutes.
5. Lightly grease a heavy or non stick pan and set on moderate heat.
6. Pour batter into pan to form 11cm-12cm round cakes.
7. Cook until small bubbles appear on top. Flip over and cook until golden.
8. Serve in a stack with the glazed chestnuts.
9. Drizzle liberally with chestnut topping and accompany with mascarpone or butter.
1. Stir water, sugar and cinnamon stick and orange rind in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and simmer ten minutes.
2. Add the chestnuts and simmer 10-15 minutes (until soft and cooked through), being careful not to let the chestnuts break up.