This is one of my favourite recipes and never fails to impress!
1. If using fresh chestnuts, make a cut in the outer shell and roast the chestnuts in your usual method. I prefer to do this under the grill but it can be done equally as well in the oven. After they are cooked, peel the nuts.
2. If using frozen peeled chestnuts, simply take them out of the pack and place in a microwave safe bowl.
3. Add 1 tablespoon water, cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Drain.
4. Nuts may be cut in half if too big - they need to be about the same size as the macadamias.
5. Heat oil in fry pan and saute chestnuts and chilli. Do not overcook or they will become dry.
6. Add the macadamia nuts and stir to heat through and combine.
7. Sprinkle with garlic salt and serve.